1. Taking Steam: – Take hot water in a large pot. Add peppermint or cardamom oil to it. Now steam, and put a blanket over it, so that the steam will be directly in your nose and throat. The hot part will open your closed nose. Do this for two days.
2. Eucalyptus Oil: – If you do not have time to take steam, then this is a ready treatment for you. All you have to do is to put a few drops of this oil in your handkerchief and smell it. Eucalyptus congestion is believed to relieve it.
3. Jal Neti: – Mix 10 grams of rock salt in one liter of water. Warm it and then fill it in neti lotte. Now insert it into the left nasal cavity, then into the right nasal cavity. This removes the nasal mucus, and opens the closed nose.
4. Lemon and Honey: – This is a very old recipe for a closed and frozen nose. If you have a runny nose, add a few drops of honey to one teaspoon of lemon juice and drink it every morning for three days.
5. Apple Vinegar: – Add two tablespoons of apple vinegar and half a teaspoon of honey to a glass of warm water. Drinking it in the morning clears the nasal mucus and helps in opening the nose.