There are innumerable uses of coconut, popularly known as Sri fruit in India. Its highly beneficial oil is one of many such results of coconut. Easily available, widely used in almost every household, coconut oil is the king of oil with medicinal, health benefits. Although the list is endless, we have introduced some of the miraculous benefits of coconut oil in our list.
- Heart health and brain: Coconut oil contains some saturated fat which enables the body to provide fat, energy to the body and brain. MCT-saturated fat in coconut has the ability to increase HDL or good cholesterol in the body. Compared to saturated fat in animal-based foods such as cheese and steak, this fat is healthier for the heart.
- Antimicrobial property: Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is believed to combat bacteria. Consumption of coconut oil through food is appropriate. The risk of cold, infection can be averted by adequate use of this oil.
- Beneficial for hair: Our grandmothers often take an oath of coconut oil to provide conditioning and nutrition to the hair. And as it turns out, they were absolutely right about its amazing effects. Hot coconut oil treatment is highly recommended to get shiny, long, wavy hair.
- Great for skin: moisturizes skin, makes it smooth, soft and supple. Massaging coconut oil brings back lost texture or glow to your face and body. Skin problems like eczema are overcome with regular use of coconut oil. It protects the skin from damage from UV rays, pollution.
- Improves intestinal health: Coconut oil improves digestion due to increased nutrient absorption capacity. The healthy fats present in the oil destroy the bad bacteria in the digestive system, soothe inflammation and enhance digestion.