If you want to enjoy your winter, there is nothing like making quick and easy snacks at home, which can lighten up your winter evenings and add much needed fun and warmth to it. What is better than making pea appe in it which is fried.
- 1 cup – semolina
- Some water
- 1 cup green peas
- 1-2 tablespoons – finely chopped dry onion
- 2 tablespoons – finely chopped coriander
- Finely chopped green chillies (as per taste)
- 1/2 spoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon – white sesame seeds
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon – fruit salt or 1 / 4tsp baking soda
- Oil for frying
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of semolina.
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Add some water, mix it and leave it for half an hour.
- Next take a chopper / mixer jar, add 1 cup of green peas and grind it finely.
- Add the peas to the soaked semolina.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions. You can also add freshly chopped green garlic.
- Add about 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Add finely chopped green chillies (as per taste)
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt as per taste and mix it well.
- When the batter is thick add some water
- Add 1/2 teaspoon fruit salt or 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the appam pan, add some oil / ghee and fill the batter.
- Cook it on low to medium heat.
- When golden brown, press gently with a spoon and leave to cook again.
- Turn off the stove when cooked well on both sides. Serve it hot with coriander-mint sauce.